Excellent Recipe for Polish Baba’s Perogies Filled with Mashed Potatoes and Cheese
Polish Recipe for Babas Perogies (this recipe can be found on food.com)
Ingredients for Polish Baba’s Perogies:
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mashed potato
- 1lb dry curd cottage cheese
- Mix flour and salt, and add water to make dough that doesn’t stick to fingers.
- Knead well and cover with damp cloth for 10 minutes
- Roll out to 1/8″ thick
- Cut in squares or circles and fill with mashed potatoes and cheese
- Pinch closed and boil until they rise to the top
- Strain and serve with fried onions, sour cream, mushroom gravy, etc.