This Recipe for Polish Chicken Reuben won the National Chicken Cooking Contest in Dallas, TX
This is a great make-ahead dish from Marcia C. Adams of Fort Wayne, Indiana. It took the top $10,000 prize in the National Chicken Cooking Contest in Dallas, Texas. It sounds weird, but it is good.
Ingredients for Polish Chicken Reuben:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and pressed
4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 1/4 cups thousand island salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions for Polish Chicken Reuben:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place sauerkraut over chicken and top with cheese slices. Pour dressing over all and cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (fork can be easily inserted and juices run clear). Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.