Sweet and Delicious Polish Cherry Cake Recipe
This Sweet Polish Cherry Cake Recipe creates a delicious homemade Polish cake with cherries for the whole family.
Ingredients for this Sweet Polish Cherry Cake Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pitted sweet cherries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions for this Sweet and Delicious Polish Cherry Cake Recipe:
Prep: 15 m Cook: 50 m Ready In: 1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a mixing bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda together until evenly combined.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the pitted cherries in the butter until they are tender, sprinkling them with 1 tablespoon of sugar, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in 1/2 cup olive oil, eggs, and yogurt; use your fingers to lightly stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture to make a soft dough. Scrape the batter into a 9×12-inch baking dish. Drizzle the batter with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and top with the cherries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cake is set and golden on top, about 40 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean.