1 whole big head cabbage, approximately 4-pound
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 pound ground beef chuck
1 pound lean ground pork
3 cups cooked rice
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3-4 cups beef stock
6 oz can tomato paste
2. Place cabbage in a deep pot and pour boiling water to cover the whole cabbage, cover with lid and boil for 2-3 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and let it stand for a few minutes until the leaves are soft enough to pull off individual leaves.
without cutting all the way through and set them aside.
6. Line bottom of a 4-5 quarts pot with any torn cabbage, trimmings or leaves that are too small too use for stuffing.
8. Roll it up.
11. Pour beef stock onto the rolls and add the tomato paste.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste.
13. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 hours.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve hot with potatoes.