1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups icing sugar
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries cut in stripes
Preparation – Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine flour, baking powder in a medium bowl.
3. Place sugar and margarine or butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add vanilla,
5. Add eggs, one by one. Beat well.
6. Add flour mixture.
7. Spoon the batter into a 9×7-inch baking pan (or slightly bigger) coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with 1 1/2 cup blueberries.
8. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
10. For the frosting, mix the butter and cream cheese until creamy smooth.
11. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
12. Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
13. Spread on cooled cake.
14. Decorate with blueberries and strawberries.
The following dishes can be found at www.artisanimports.com